ATTRACTIONS IN ALBUQUERQUE
- TRAMWAY - the Tram is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Central New Mexico. The Tram is an engineering marvel and has a breathtaking view - 11,000 square miles of the Land of Enchantment. It is the longest continuous tram in the world and a must-do in Albuquerque. For a romantic dinner or an afternoon lunch there is a restaurant located on top of the mountain with spectacular views. For more information please visit www.sandiapeak.com
- HIKING SANDIA- if you are an outdoor adventure lover then the Sandia hiking trails are for you. The Sandia Mountains have a plethora of excellent hiking trails. After your hike, come back and relax in our hot tub while enjoying the pure southwestern air. Please visit www.sandiahiking.com for more hiking information.
- SKI- enjoy a nice sunny and green grounds of the Inn at Paradise or in less than an hour you can be atop a snowy mountain skiing the beautiful slopes of the Sandia Mountains. To experience more of New Mexico skiing, Santa Fe and Taos are close by with great slopes to enjoy. Please visit www.sandiapeak.com, www.skisantafe.com or www.skitaos.org for more information.
- Just a short distance from Paradise, you can enjoy the Southwest charm of the historic old town square with its shops, local artwork, New Mexican and Native American vendors and authentic New Mexican restaurants are here for you to enjoy.
- If traveling with your family, or if you enjoy museums, on your way to old town, is Albuquerque's Natural History Museum, where you can experience prehistoric life and a planetarium. There is also a hands-on learning based museum, Explora, that is ideal for young and old alike.
- THE ZOO- the Albuquerque Zoo is one of the most beautiful zoos in the Southwest. If you enjoy animals and a peaceful setting, or would just like to get out, this is a must see. There is a train that tours the zoo grounds and takes you from the zoo to our fun and exciting Aquarium and Botanical garden.
- NIGHT LIFE – if you want to get out dance and dine there are nightclubs in the downtown area with taxi services and great fun.
- The Rio Grande flows through Albuquerque is lined with horse trails, biking, running and walking trails that have mile markers for your convenience. If you are training for a race, the high altitude and amazing trails will prepare you for gold. After a great workout there are few things better than to relax in our beautiful gardens with the calm of the water and soak up the sun.
- Located in the desert near our three dormant volcanoes, there are ancient drawings in the rocks. These are particularly interesting to history buffs and nature-lovers alike. The few remaining petroglyphs being practically in our backyard, it would be a shame to miss seeing them! Bring lots of water and explore the desert to find these hidden treasures and then return to our oasis in the desert for some relaxation and down time.
- We are located next to Desert Greens Golf Course. There are also many golf courses around Albuquerque where you can play and with advance notice we can set up a tee time so you don't need to worry and can just enjoy the game.
- The biggest Hot Air Balloon Festival in the world is located in Albuquerque, and we are only a few minutes away. During the first two weeks of October our Albuquerque skies are filled with colors and shapes. Each morning you will wake to be amazed by a skyline filled with balloons. There are balloon rides available, so now you can enjoy a ride yourself!
New Mexico Attractions
1. Santa Fe - Over 200 art galleries, historic old town, historical churches and beautiful Cathedral Basilica.
2. Taos Ski resort
3. Red River water rafting
4. Carlsbad Caverns